Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tathagat Avatar Tulsi

StumbleUpon

Tathagat Avatar Tulsi was born on September 9, 1987 in Patna, India. He is a scientist but is most known as a young sensation and holder of a Guinness World Record. He set a hat-trick in world records in academics: he finished high school at the age of nine, did a B.Sc. at the age of ten and a M.Sc. at the age of twelve.

Currently, he is a Senior Research Scientist, working for his Ph.D at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. His topic of research is quantum computing. He aims to work for the general public and believes that scientific innovations are the best way to do so.

He has the special distinction of being one of the world youngest scientists. At the age of 17, he wrote a research note that did bring him an invitation by Bell Labs of the United States to do a joint work with Lov Grover, inventor of a quantum search algorithm. The paper was A New Algorithm for Fixed-point Quantum Search
Tulsi is called as one of the most gifted Asian youngsters by TIME magazine, mentioned as superteen by SCIENCE, “Physics Prodigy by The TIMES, Master Mind by The WEEK and listed by OUTLOOK as one of the smartest Indian youngsters.

Tathagat Avatar Tulsi took part in the Stock Exchange of Visions project of Fabrica, Benetton research centre in 2007. He was invited by Luciano Benetton for a dinner in honor of Al Gore on Jun. 14, 2007 in Milano, Italy.

Tathagat story was showcased by National Geographic Channel in the program My Brilliant Brain. The episode named India Geniuses was aired on 13 Dec. 07 and was hosted by Bollywood actress Konkona Sen Sharma.
On his sixth birthday (September 9, 1993) his father gave him a special birthday present, the bestseller, A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking which inspired him.

On his website Tulsi says:
The main reason, why my father gave it to me, was because I always used to disturb him by asking questions about Universe, Earth, stars etc. I finished that book in 3 days and after which I was left only with more and more deeper questions. I came to know about Black holes, Einstein theory and Quantum mechanics (all was very interesting for me).

I started reading other popular science books (second one that I read was In Search of Big Bang by John Gribbin) and always used to think about these scientific questions.I was not able to focus on my school studies. I wanted to do some original research and the school studies was the biggest hurdle for me. I found school very boring and finally, I decided to finish my schoolings as soon as possible.


Souce:news-relay

No comments:

Post a Comment

abcs